View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Reuther View Post
As for the suggestion regarding the naked opf, that's outside my understanding of how things work. It's also not using KGen as specified. (KGen does .html and .epub by the manual.) As a result it's not an experiment I am capable of conducting, nor one I see as relevant to the problem at hand.
You're right that it's probably not relevant to your issue, but you (or anyone) is quite capable of conducting the experiment. Kindlegen (or Previewer) works with OPF files just fine to build Kindlebooks--has for a long time. As long as the all the links in the OPF are valid (relative to where the rest of the ebook's html, css, ...etc, files are), just drop the OPF file onto Previewer or Kindlegen and it will build the Kindlebook.

'Course it's just as easy (if not easier) to use the ePub if that's what you're working with, but the process works equally well when feeding KGen an OPF file that points to the rest of the ebook's resources.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote