View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Agree completely with Glen - the X00 series PRS are rugged and solid little machines.

I've got a PRS 600, which is my reader of preference for novels and general overall reading.

The PRS 350 I tend to use for reference books and my daily downloads of the NY Times and other "ephemera."

For both readers, one of the big advantages (IMO) is the lack of Wifi or Bluetooth or any other sort of wireless connection. When I read, I don't want to be distracted by e-mail or links to websites or any of that other nonsense. I curl up with a book and get lost in the world of the book I'm reading.

Having to connect the reader now and then to the computer to download reading material is actually handy, since I have a noticeable tendency to "forget" to charge up my electronic devices.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote