View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
PRS300 and PRS350

I have and use both

PRS300 Without a doubt, it is built like a tank. I don't think I've ever seen portable electronics as well built as the 300. Otherwise, I think it is pretty middle of the road for the time it was in the market.

PRS350 The touch screen is really nice. It's well built, but I don't think it's as rugged as the 300. The stylus broke about 3 weeks after I got it though fortunately I don 't seem to need the thing.

Even though I like the touch screen, I tend to use the 300 more. I'm not sure I could tell you why. Maybe it is the feeling of ruggedness that I'm responding to. The difference in 'feel' is quite strong to me.

On both, I really like the ePub format, even after Sony and Adobe are done messing with it. I'm now smart enough to stop buying DRM books so I can move the books to my Droid Bionic and then back to one of my readers and ePub is good for this..

Graphics for this generation of eReader is OK, but not up to the standards of modern readers and tablets. It's OK for getting a sense of the Book cover, but not so great for maps charts and photos though.

No regrets on ownership. . .
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote