View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post
I would like that funktion too, but no device is perfect yet, the best you can do is think carefully before getting one, and if at all possible try to ask people that own various devices about the strong or not so strong features of each...

I do my best to promote ebooks and ebook reading and a lot of people are interested. At my job (I work at a small community library) I talk about them all the time, I almost always have both my Cybooks with me (the Opus for reading of course) but also the Gen 3, and I let people handle them and ask questions. The library also have bought two readers, a iRiver Story and a PRS 600. I choose those because I think the library should show as many different readers as possible to people that are interested in ereading to help them make informed choices.

I also talk a lot about them, I have been invited to speak at a few librarys (for the staff mostly but also for the public) and I was in an article in the "big" local paper, Corren, when the two biggest internet bookstores in Sweden, Adlibris and Bokus started selling readers and ebooks.

I think it will take time for people to change their reading habits and it won´t happen if the selection of books in native languages won´t improve...

For me that do most of my reading in english their is a good selection (once you get around GR anyway) but most swedes want to read in swedish and I guess its the same for other countrys, such as Spain...

Clara
Hej igen Clara!

It was a pity that Adlibris went for promoting ebooks/ereaders by selling the "Letto" a re-branded BeBook one, for 150 Euro, a good price but old and slow and difficult menus etc => bad reviews in the press.
It was such a hype, and they had a real good opportunity but now all there forums seems dead and I was asking if they where planning to sell the latest colored Opus and got the answer that they don't have any plans to get any more readers

It is really important to show a simple well working ereader that should not compete with smart-phones and other similar devices in features, and show how easy it is to borrow ebooks and to buy.

The Geographical Restrictions is a real stopper

First it was the screens, then came eink devices

Then all the different formats, then came epub

But now I think GR is the biggest problem for people outside USA
and now also UK
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote