View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
SyFy (I still *blechh* at that name) has a bad history of scuttling successful and popular shows. They killed of Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Dresden Files, and now Eureka, when they were all still very popular. What I heard at the time was that Dresden Files was pulling in great numbers but the audience was skewing older and more female than what the network wanted. They were after the young male demographic at the expense of everything else.

Given their focus on wrestling I can really believe that this is true.
Syfy is an awful channel. They start off good. But went downhill very fast. They keep the shows that are awful like Ghost Hunters and cancel anything that's any good. Most movies they run are not-scifi, but poor F-Grade horror films.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote