View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
May I ask you what is the best way to upgrade to new releases? Should I copy the new koreader directory upon the old, or should I delete the old directory and replace it with the new (saving just the defaults.persistent.lua)?
Most of your settings will be saved in settings.reader.lua, btw. (E.g., I make scroll mode the default in PDF and DjVu by long pressing on the option in the respective documents.)

Generally just overwriting is fine. That's also what the OTA update does. There's probably no practical difference between that and saving the settings and putting them back again. If you want absolute certainty I'd keep a complete backup.

Quote:
Also another question: if I want to show an html file of my choice at power off, where should I put it?
Is that something KOReader can do? I thought it could only display an image. If you mean in KSM I think the default power off message should tell you.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote