View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #8
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaenk View Post

When I select "ALL", it becomes bold and it seems to only show those items that I have downloaded from the kindle store. When I select "DOWNLOADED", it becomes bold and it shows all of my sideloaded books.
Bear in mind that 'ALL' replaces what was 'CLOUD' previously and 'DOWNLOADED' replaces what was 'ON DEVICE'. What 'ALL' stands for really is "all the books you've bought from us" I guess most people with a Kindle will only buy from Amazon anyway.

So on my PW3 'ALL' shows everything from Amazon, whether downloaded or not, but not sideloaded books from other places - just like 'CLOUD' did before; and 'DOWNLOADED' shows all the books actually on my Kindle regardless of source, just like 'ON DEVICE' did before. I'm not finding the behavious strange given that it's an Amazon device and therefore Amazon-centric. To me it's no different from before, they just renamed stuff.

Edit: I also assume that anything sent to the Kindle via "email to Kindle" or whatever it's called and therefore stored on Amazon's servers, would show in the 'ALL' tab.

Last edited by Yolina; 02-12-2016 at 04:45 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote