View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #114
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
As someone born in the US, who has listened to and watched _many_ UK books and productions, and now lives in Canada, the various differences in pronunciations still often catch me out. 'an-SILL-a-ree' wouldn't bother me, even though I'd grown up with 'AN-sill-air-ee', but others still grate. OTOH, I now find the US pronunciation of 'praah-ject' instead of 'pro-ject' positively annoying. Even when I do it myself.

As for rot-see -- my teachers always referred to ROTC, but no one who was in it ever used anything but rot-see. I have no idea what's current, however.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote