View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Conversion problem: HTML + pictures -> Mobipocket

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem when trying to convert a HTML file with quite a few pictures to Mobipocket. Basically, whenever I converted to Mobi, the pictures in the resulting ebook were resized to about 10 px size from an original size of about 200-300 px (widthwise). This is true regardless of the original file format- and believe me, I tried quite a few of those- so I'm inclined to blame the Mobipocket conversion process.
Should it matter, this is the "history" of the file I had problems with: I first created it using Mobipocket Creator from a HTML and GIF pictures downloaded from the web. Creator, strangely enough, outputs PRC files (which I suspect are just Mobi files with another extension, is this true?). A few days ago I wanted to change the metadata a bit, so I imported the PRC into Calibre, set the metadata and started conversion. After running into the problem as above, I converted to HTML to have a look at the original files again (which I deleted after having finished my original conversion in Creator) and tried again using several input formats, with same result for every format I tried.
So, basically, my question boils down to this: Is it possible to disable picture processing in the Mobipocket conversion pipeline?

If it helps, I can make the ebook available.

Thanks in advance,

Manichean
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote