View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #11
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Hi again Chris.

After reading and replying to this post I got curious and started nosing around for something cheaper.

What I found that might work and CAN be much cheaper than the Victor Reader is a speaker with an sd card slot (sometimes called a tf slot). There are several cheap ones on Amazon. They usually have tactile buttons which I know you're looking for and support up to 32 gig cards. Most are bluetooth and waterproof or water resistant which may or may not be a useful feature. There's no easy way to navigate but it looks like they will play things in the order they were added to the card. Of course, no support for DRMed / audible files. I'm sure I saw some that supported bookmarks but I honestly don't remember which ones. Battery life is all over the board so I would rely on reviews if possible.

I'm actually considering one the MiFa or Anxon models to have as backup for my ipod touch 5th gen / UE Roll 2 setup I'm currently using. The Roll is very flat and fits under my pillow nicely but only has volume controls which can be a problem at times.

Good luck on your quest and I hope I haven't muddied the waters too much.
Debi
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote