View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartilas View Post
This was my first ebook, which was read on a kindle. I felt the story was brilliant but a bit long winded, especially part 1. However, I did enjoy all the details on the chemistry that was needed to just make simple everyday items that we all take for granted. Just imagine being stuck on an island without a person like Cyrus Harding and his encyclopedic brain
Yea! The first book read. I totally want Cyrus with me if I become stranded on a desert island -- brains are the most valuable in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
The technical descriptions were interesting because they were written in 1874(?). And although some of them were way over my head (at which stage I started skimming them) they were still interesting.
That's how I felt.

Quote:
I figured fairly early who the 'mysterious' help was but was wondering how he would be introduced to the story.
I'm STILL trying to finish the book. Now, I want to know what the "mysterious help" is.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote