Thread: pdf questions
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Hi,

I'm awaiting my iPad with bated breath. A couple of questions about PDFs...

How easy is it to put a PDF onto the iPad, do you need to sync via iTunes?

How easily does the iPad open PDFs? Has anyone had any issues opening a PDF on their iPad? What about DRMd PDFs?

Can you annotate the PDFs?

Thanks
Syncing PDFs through iTunes is an option. You do this through the device app view. Any apps that allow syncing files such as Pages, Numbers, Goodreader, etc. will have their own file syncing line. Most good iPad PDF readers will give you many other options such as grabbing a PDF email attachment and copying it to the app, etc.

There are several iPad apps that do a great job of handling, formatting and reading PDFs. Goodreader ($0.99) is the most popular and is very full-featured with one exception...

For annotating PDFs the only current solution that I know of is an app called iAnnotate ($6.99.) I haven't used it but it has good reviews.

Can't help you with the DRM issue although I don't think there is currently any way to read Adobe Digital Editions DRM PDFs on it... I might be wrong though.

Last edited by Fotoman; 05-17-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Oops...duplicated a lot of the above post...he was faster than me! :)
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote