View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Don't see a way to leave comments on your blog posts.
Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You should look at some more sophisticated encoding detection libraries like chardet.
I took a look at it. There's a great python library (sigh). The same can't be said for C++. I'd have to extract the chardet code and all the code it depends on from mozilla trunk. Doesn't sound fun. It also sounds like waaaay too much work.

Besides, I was planning on using the ICU Character Set Detection some time in the future. I mean c'mon, it's ICU for Pete's sake. It's the gold standard of character conversions. Their way of encoding detection has to be good.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote