View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 01:53 AM   #9
ninofarino
M
ninofarino began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Calibre 2.50 on a PC with the necessary space has been tested with over 180,000 book entries in a single library (of about 1.5 TB) , with on average 2 books per entry, with performance degrading linearly with size (when searching) as expected, but with no functionality problems when performing general library management. It is stable when moving files from one super-library to another. (a super-library, is one having over 100,000 entries. No issues have been found due to size of library, and the current version could easily exceed 200K entries. (I'll keep you posted).

Prior to 2.50 (can't remember the version exactly) the Calibre application would terminate abruptly due to out of memory issues when copying a set of randomly selected books (about 20) for a second time from a library with over 170K entries to another. This problem no longer occurs, even with the 32 bit version of calibre.

Kovid, I must congratulate you. Calibre is a 6 star application in my 5 star grading system. No one else has managed to attain 5 stars. I am happy to assist in any way, and if things go as expected, you may have yourself a benefactor.
ninofarino is offline   Reply With Quote