View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I don't know of the upcoming ereaders in 2013, but I know about the 5" Kobo Mini.
Yes I do know about that, as I own one! But after a couple of months it gave up on me, and I am at the crossroad of whether to replace it with another Mini or to change brand. The Mini has a lot going for it (besides side, I do very much like the kepub.epub rendering, which e.g. allows you to see footnotes in pop-up, which is great for non-fiction). On the other hand, it is quite bad on pdf (at least as compared with the 5" pocketbook), so I gave up reading pdf documents completely (a big minus as for work I have zillions of pdf documents), while with the 360 I had no issues even on such a small screen.

So my doubt is whether to hold off any decision for a few more months (I have another reader, but as a 9.6" is definitely not portable) in case something better comes along (Pocketbook has discontinued the production of 360).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote