View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks; just read for an hour with the Kindle in it. It even feels like holding a hardcover book. (With the book being at the beginning forever, and the added perk to fold it backwards without breaking )

The covers above look nice. However, personally I have no use for a cover/stand-combination, and I don't like covers that use snaps, like the second one posted by BugA. I do like however, that it also covers the Kindle logo and therefore the bottom edge is completely straight. Wish mine had that. (Yeah, I'm picky to the extreme with regard to stuff such as this, as I sometimes use the thing for hours on end )

The Lion August one (second) seems to be a snap-in slim version. I considered the slot-in version similar to mine, but preferred the retaining flap (the one you tuck underneath the Kindle) to be on the left, rather than on the top. Also, that flap on my cover has Velcro, the Lion August did not seem to. Lastly, I preferred the full width lid of my German cover. Yeah, picky. I know

On/off works well with my cover. The Kindle seems to poll the magnetic relais every few seconds. It can take about 5-6 seconds to actually turn off, but if you engage the relais just before a poll, the Kindle of course turns off immediately. I tested it using the tip of a magnetic screwdriver. Also, peeked in the top right corner of the cover to see if the Kindle was actually off.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote