View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Personally I do not like apple products however this rummor of an impending ipad 3 release is important in the computer industry because apple corp is a business leader that points the direction that further development of the computing industry goes.
Exactly.
I'm no fan of Apple's cooler-than-thou marketting or the cult of Jobs but that doesn't blind me to the reality that they matter. And they matter in a way that few companies in tech (Microsoft, Google, Intel, ARM) matter. These are companies that create markets even when they "fail".
As opposed to others, whose greatest successes can easily go unnoticed and be swept away by one of the big guys "failures".

I doubt I'll ever buy an iPad; their products aren't aimed at me.
But just because I have no use for their product doesn't mean that others won't. And what I might find personally find inadequate/inappropriate might be just perfect for somebody else--a lot of somebody elses--because I'm not delusional enough to believe I am representative of the mainstream.

If I were, Space Opera would rule TV and nobody would play soccer.