View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I voted "DRM doesn't bother me." I've always been almost exclusively a reader of library books, and the main impact of DRM on me is to automatically return books at the due date. No more fines!

I also agree with "DRM is a useful tool that prevents piracy," although, of course, it reduces piracy rather than preventing it. If you make something less convenient, you just increased the price. Consumption has to go down.

I can't imagine Overdrive's wonderfully extensive selection existing without DRM. Without DRM, I expect their selection would be limited to titles hardly anyone wants, and thus more like Freading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Publishers expect that a lot of casual readers don't know how to remove DRM.
And don't want to know.

Just theoretically, there might be people in this world who would feel like a thief breaking DRM, but might find it hard to resist a Life + 50 mobileread.com download in a Life + 70, or worse, country. I'm not saying I know for a fact that someone so vile exists in this orb of moral imperfection, but, well, there could be
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote