View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #69
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
1. Finish unread books / 2. Read more stand-alone Fantasy / 3. Get into Hist-Fic

I have three main goals:

1. Finally get around to reading the books that I bought ages ago and are currently gathering dust on my shelf. This includes The Dragonbone Chair and The War of the Flowers by Tad Williams, The Sum of All Men by David Farland, and books 2 and 3 of The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R. Donaldson. I actually started the latter, but gave up a hundred or so pages in.

2. My second goal is to read more stand-alone Fantasy. I've noticed most of my reading tends to be series, as I like revisiting characters and worlds that I enjoyed. But this does mean I am missing out on some good stand-alone novels by the likes of Guy Gavriel Kay, Neil Gaiman, etc. I intend to correct that in this year.

3. Finally, I want to read more novels outside of the Fantasy genre. I got sucked into the world of Speculative Fiction about 3 years ago, and my reading since has been almost exclusively Fantasy, and I feel I should branch out. In particular, I want to venture into the world of Historical Fiction, as I've heard a lot about the genre.

Last edited by afa; 01-12-2012 at 10:14 AM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote