View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #15
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Everything that has been said is possibly so how ever I would like to suggest a different explination. Most publishers have been doing the same thing for centuries in the same general order and have the model rather set. When you add an electronic book to the mix they have been caught rather uncomfortable with the new technology and have attempted to add the production of the electronic book into their model as an after thought. When producing a book then go through the motions of creating, printing and distributing the book then they produce the electronic version as a last step thus the electronic book represents an extra step in the publication process hence the extra dollars for them. Some publishing companies, such as Amazon, have based their entire business around 21st century technology and do not have the centuries of baggage to deal with. When Amazon creates the new book they create the printed and electronic versions in parallel in other words at the same time thus the electronic version does not cost them more and if at all costs them less to produce thus its not an extra step in the process but a shortened version of the same process hence the lower cost to Amazon and the lower cost to the consumer.

Thus if you want to pay less for books look for publishers that have managed to integrate the electronic books into their production model not as an after thought.

I simply will not pay over $8 for a book, I don't care who wrote it or who publishes it. I have found many great authors who are willing to sell for less then that, I know these authors are all unknowns but they are all great authors, here are some of the authors that I recommend:

Andy Mc Dermott
Drew Berquist
David Wood
Daniel Leston
Rod Pennington

All are Amazon authors.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote