View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #31
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't honestly think you'd be able to sell 500 V3s in the USA considering the 505 & Kindle are the biggest competitors and the Wol format is not a strong selling point.
Wolf format is beyond irrelevant. The fact is that I'm ditching by PRS-505 for a Jinke when they get a touch screen due to the CHM support, the DOC support, the PPT support, the DJVU support, the HTML support, etc.

The reasons I bought a PRS-505 is that (1) I could return it if it didn't seem usable after a week, (2) I could play with it at Fry's, (3) It had a warranty, (4) They took a payment method other than bank transfer, (5) S/H rates, and (6) I sent my CC info to Jinke and begged them to charge me for 6 months before the morons decided to clarify that they only took bank transfers.

Still, Jinke's product is an open s/w platform, is plainly going to out pace the proprietary platforms, and is not Sony, so I'm still watching them. If they ever learn to (1) take orders, (2) ship reasonably, (3) provide a plausible US-based warranty, and (4) deliver a device that reads all my data formats (like the V3 does) while allowing me to take notes on the touch screen, then I'll jump.

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote