View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
While you're at it, why don't you go to the Microsoft forums and ask for alternatives to MS-Office?
I'm with Worldwalker on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverteeth View Post
Sorry if anyone thought it was inappropriate to ask for alternatives in the Calibre forum... didn't mean to offend anyone,
Now you sound like one of my kids. I was going to parse the above statement, but decided not to. I'll let others look at the word "Sorry" above and try to figure out if there is any apology in the above language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverteeth View Post
that's why I said that, overall, I'm impressed by the program, right at the top of my post.
You sound like Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights, he thought as long as you start the statement with "With all due respect..." you could say anything you like after that statement.

Stating "overall, I'm impressed by the program" does not mean you're entitled to bad manners and ask about alternatives in a forum dedicated to the improvement and use of Calibre. If you have a desire for this kind of information there are other forums right here at mobileread where you could have stated your impression of Calibre and asked if there were any other alternatives that people might recommend.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote