View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
riverteeth
Enthusiast
riverteeth began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks for the replies. Sorry if anyone thought it was inappropriate to ask for alternatives in the Calibre forum... didn't mean to offend anyone, that's why I said that, overall, I'm impressed by the program, right at the top of my post.

kovidgoyal, you're right, there's a big difference between 'professional feel' and features, but they are related. I used to use Mediamonkey when I had a Windows box, and I loathed moving to iTunes when I switched to Mac at first, mostly because there were all tons of missing features I was used to, but the slick feel of it won me over in the end.

So I guess I'll just post seperately about some of the features I'd like to have but can't seem to find in the help files... minor ones at this point.

I'll check out some of the alternatives you listed, but I suspect you're right in that their dearth of features will negate any advantages of a slicker gui. That said, looks and interface do matter to many users I think. The current version just doesn't fit in with the Mac environment; it's pure Gnome/KDE. The interface just feels unfamiliar.
riverteeth is offline   Reply With Quote