View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Create a folder called c:\library

Start calibre from the commmand line as

calibre --with-library C:\library
Still getting a nasty error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 424, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 418, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 405, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 457, in initialize_database
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 170, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 141, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file

Similar install errors with 0.6.17 through 0.6.32. Obviously something to do with my laptop, which is maddening because I've got a very vanilla setup on it. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm using "Microsoft Security Essentials" for the first time. I'll disable it and try another install...
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote