View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Yes indeed, I am planning the Styx omnibus. Then the Sherlockian/Raffles canon (I found Shylock Homes at the Library of Congress newspaper archives -- whee! but lots of OCR garble.)
Thank you!

Quote:
But first, the ghosts, which I am working right now, and trying to decide about the illustrations. A fair portion of the pix are not humorous, and not particularly attractive, so I might just omit those. Or, omit all of them. I can't make up my mind. What do you think?
My feel is "all or none". I like illustrated editions, but prefer those with all of the original illustrations. Omitting some because they aren't humorous raises the question of what is funny, and "not attractive" is another judgement call. There is also the matter of why those illustrations were included in the original volume. My suspicion is that if the subject is ghosts, there will inevitably be illustrations that aren't humorous because ghosts aren't by nature funny.

You can always have it both ways, and create an edition with the illustrations, and another that omits them simply to have smaller size.

Can you provide a pointer to the illustrations in question?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote