Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #297
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My Reason for not having read the book for this month is because I've been unable to get it from Overdrive. At present, my budget is tight.
Jon, in any given month people will always have very good reasons why they can't read a book. Not to worry. I and I think Charlie are just saying that it would be good if people could keep "readability" at the forefront when they nominate and vote. And readable includes price, as well as length and accessibility.

it's just that, for me, a good discussion adds a lot to reading pleasure. I'd love to see slates where all the books seemed interesting and wouldn't break the bank, because then people who perhaps wouldn't have chosen the winner will still find it worthwhile to show up for the discussion.

Ideally, I end up reading books I'd never have considered, but are rewarding. I have to say, though, that I'd probably end up giving a Star Trek novel the miss!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote