Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #295
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I certainly agree, issybird. Unless there is some truly compelling reason or interest in a book of >500 pages, there's very little chance that I'll read it for this. I'm not saying that there aren't any longer books that I'd pass on (I did read Shogun recently, after all), but when the book gets particularly long, there needs to be some serious motivation by those nominating and seconding it for me to take the plunge unless it happens to already be on my list. And the same holds true for difficult or challenging reads, though if they're reasonable in size I'm more likely to do it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote