Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #294
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This has certainly been one of our better discussions. I think the shortness of the book, and its obvious quality, have allowed more of us to read it, and yet it's failings give us something to talk about. Interesting dichotomy.
I'm quoting this from this month's book discussion thread, as I think it's pertinent and potentially useful. Perhaps if people could keep in mind voting for books that would likely to be read, because they're not too long or demanding, we might have more lively discussions. I'll compare Brat Farrar to Kafka on the Shore, where the discussion never got going. Many who didn't vote for Brat still showed up to discuss. In the case of Kafka, I have to admit that I considered reading it even though i 'm not a Murakami fan, but I couldn't find the resolve necessary to commit to some 500 pages.

I'm not saying everything has to be super short or an easy read, but books that are accessible and rewarding are going to result in more participants in the discussion.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote