View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #45
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
you can go to Riksdagsarkivet or similar institution and request a copy of SOU 2000:100 which is a State deposition, but also happens to be the exact text for Bible 2000.
You can get the text, that doesn't mean you have the right to distribute it. Of course I don't know the details. My point is that you cannot apply one country's laws to another (or logic to any country's laws).

Quote:
This translation belongs to the people, who paid for it with tax money.
I don't know how it is in Sweden, but you cannot apply this principle to most things. First example: the authoritative dictionary of the Spanish language is paid by taxes, yet taxpayers do not get it for free (although the online version is free).

Quote:
There is nothing illegal about me as a citizen having a personal copy of any state documentation, certainly including SOU 2000:100.
Quite the opposite, the constitution explicitly supports it. It's my right as a citizen! The fact that I choose to format the text a bit, is my personal business.
And in some (many?) countries there's nothing illegal in having personal copies of other copyrighted material, and even distributing them, as long as it's not done for profit. In any case, we are not the Internet police, we simply warn readers that there are some laws around that may be important, and it's the user's responsibility to know them.

Quote:
You can write to them and ask if this troubles you, but I know I've got my ducks in a row so certainly won't bother.
Of course I won't. My only concern would be if you wanted to distribute the work through this site, because then we (the MR team) have to care about the whole site, not about ourselves personally, and different rules may apply.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote