View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBenson View Post
This is kind of a style theory question. What would be your take on an e-book with styled text? Maybe making use of HTMLs ability to bold certain words, or cause some words to be of a slightly different font or color?
I'd rather not. It would give the book a weird feeling, like one written about a toy line where every toy has to be written in all caps and boldface.

It'd also make style sheet compilation really hard.

Quote:
I'd imagine its been done somewhere, but I was thinking it would be good for anime style writers...
Doubt it. What works in comic books doesn't always work in writing. In Soul Eater, for example, Black*Star always says his name in boldface, and it always seems to have a star (I used an asteriks here) in it whenever anyone writes or speaks it. Would that work in a novel, or even a partially illustrated "Light Novel"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Bear in mind that the books in question are children's books. Yes, the ebooks have imbedded fonts and lots of colours but they are not quite as eye-searing as an old GeoCities user page.
The anime generation is hitting 30 now. We're not children, even if we still like our anime and manga.

For me at least, anime and manga influence is more pacing and storytelling, than gimmick writing.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote