View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #250
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
@silver18: You are right, I have experienced it now, too. Quite rarely, but it does happen. It seems that either the launcher code (although I can't see what's could be wrong with it) or Amazon's framework code is flaky or something the way the windows are managed is under some race conditions (IMO seems to be the most likely cause).

It looks as if the home screen gets raised or shown when HUR's windows should be shown and then HUR just runs in the background. As the old version just quits when it sees another running instance, you can't do anything besides killing it manually or resetting the device.

I've changed the code so that when a running HUR instance is detected, it will get killed so this shouldn't be a problem after the next release.

@varnie: Yes, I've seen that already and that's what prompted me to try out the thing in my posting from Dec, 9.: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=244

The unified launcher, touchrunner and my attempt essentially do the same thing: implementing a Kindlet that starts a configurable or specific command. I'll try to fix up some loose ends so I can include such a document in the installation package in the next few days.

BTW, I will also include your launcher in the Kindle installation package, so there should be lots of options to start up HUR on any supported device.

Last edited by bhaak; 01-28-2013 at 08:00 AM.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote