View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #202
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I desperately wanted to like the Galaxy player, but played with three different sizes in BB and could not get past the limited screen resolution of 800x480.
I ended up getting an iPod Touch and am very happy with its 1136x640px, but even the 4th gen is a great device at 960×640 and that one is on sale at some places for BF (the 5th gen one only comes with the $50 GC at BB). For anyone considering getting one, I think it's important to know about the screen resolution discrepancies. It may be more or less important to you, of course. A month later, I am still drooling all over mine

They are all great for the Overdrive and Kindle/Nook/Kobo apps- which is one of the main reasons why I got it.
I have no problems with the screen on my SGP5. It could be better but my phone is way less and I've read novels on it without problems. The Ipod Touch is 4" screen. The SGP5 is 5" and that makes a huge difference when reading. You can change the fonts on the SGP5 to a better font. The default one is not that great in clarity but XDA has tons of fonts to choose from. I settled on Nokia Pure. I then edited the font myself to add more weight in Mantano and I can barely tell a difference between my Kindle Fire and SGP5 when reading now. I think I actually prefer the SGP5 screen to my Kindle Fire.

For those who want to see more about it. Watch Lisa's MobileTechReview on YouTube.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-20-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote