View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #179
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
Guys (and girls ) don't panic. The versions 0.9.2-ftxxx and 0.9.3-ftxxx are local test versions. They aren't marked as featured and aren't intended for common use.
I tried it anyway ;-)
No self-respecting hacker would pass up an opportunity to try out new version, especially if it is marked as unsuitable for general population.
I tried to increase the font size using up/down buttons and I managed to get font size to 2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF).
After that, the program kept crashing. Even when I replaced it with working 0.9.2, it kept crashing, until I edited .../system/config/fbreader.cfg and set font sizes to sane values.

Please note, the above isn't a complaint, it is a bug report, a warning to other users and description of what said users can do when they ignore the warnings and the device keeps crashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
And what marketing are you talking about? I'm doing it just for fun.
programming is much more fun if you know that one cleverly placed bug can make tens of thousands devices crash .
This is why so many people want to work for Microsoft, or why Linux kernel contributors have such a high social status.

Last edited by kacir; 08-22-2010 at 10:35 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote