View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfarmer View Post
Are you using x86 or x64 OS?

It's failing on my (x64) system as well. My system is not screwy, thank you.

The process starts. The process hangs, consistently. No messages are written to the event log. DEP doesn't affect this.

On the off-chance it was failing to locate a digital editions DLL (since I didn't have *that* installed), I installed DE. Still no go.

On the more likely off-chance it was failing to distinguish the x86 vs x64 program files settings, I copied to both. Still didn't work.

I wiped the reader's appdata folder after uninstalling. I removed all traces I could locate, and reinstalled. Still no change in behavior.
The Win 7 is Home Premium X86. We have no firewalls running. The Defender thingy is turned off. Comodo is installed with the firewall off. UAC is set to default. Never had to touch DEP.

What exactly do you have running when the machine starts? You could run msconfig and try to turn EVERYTHING off on a start and that includes any services that your startup software runs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote