View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I think this isn't good enough for colour comics and Graphic novels: Too low res, too small, too washed out, too low contrast.

Ones that are OK in B&W, or 14 shades grey with black and white can use the 7.8" Bouye Likebook Mars which is better for B&W ebooks and a lot cheaper. Though it's not clear to me if the Mars is 300 dpi or 320 dpi. I must check.
I tried the free Mutant Hero Turtle comics on Google Playstore Playbooks. Only just viable on the 7.8" Mars due to SIZE, not lack of colour, fine on the 10" LCD Lenovo tablet.
A colour comic or graphic novel takes me a fraction of the time to read as novel, so I don't mind using the 10" Lenovo LCD tablet and the current model is 1/2 price of a Mars, which is much cheaper than than this. The Mars is about €80 cheaper than the Kobo Forma here and has BT (audio & keyboard) 3.5mm audio jack, Android apps, decent PDF margin crop, decent built in RAM & Flash and micro SD Card slot.

I still find the Kobo Libra best for annotation proof reading, but the Mars is OK for PDF scans of old books, Manga, koreader, Borrowbox etc.

Kaleido is a very niche solution looking for a problem and really needs 12"+ to compete with tablets. The 7.8" Kaleido and certainly 6" can't compete with a 10" LCD for colour and a 7" Libra for novels. You can buy both and and have change out of the price for this.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote