View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:00 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokei View Post
Many thanks! The site notebookcheck.net which tests all devices in their reviews for PWM quotes a study that found that PWM frequencies of up to 400Hz can have detrimental effects (even though not visible). Link. So 1000Hz should really not pose a problem.
Interesting article. But they don't say where they got the 400Hz figure from. They mention that tests have shown retina stimuli at 200Hz, but nothing higher. It sort of sounds like the doubled that for safety. Which I completely understand.

The image at the top of the article is, um, interesting. I had to scroll away from it quickly. I think if my wife saw it, it would be instant migraine. And for the record, my wife suffers severely from migraines. She will get one from just about anything. But not the Forma.
Quote:
Mhm.... perhaps I can take off my tinfoil glasses now
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote