View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Everyone, the above post was inspired by someone saying that the AmazonTab would be sold below cost as a loss leader (so Amazon could sell digital content). My point as that the digital content itself was the loss leader.
Completely agree. Tablets aren't razor blades.

My understanding is that Amazon is going to price the Am Tab below the IPad, with cheaper innards, so the Am Tab will be less capable ( Can't be too less capable, though- it has to run those movies Amazon will be selling).
I foresee geeks who have been calling for "cheaper Andriod tablets" to immediately start grumbling about lack of performance and responsiveness.

I agree with Pooh-bear that its going to be completely computer-independent and locked into the various Amazon stores ( much to the disgust of the "openness" police, who will complain that Amazon is not living up to true "open source" ideals).

Given Amazon's record of releasing great products on day one, I think tthe AmTab ( or the APad, as I call it) will be a big success.

Last edited by stonetools; 08-21-2011 at 01:52 PM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote