View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #37
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
To be realistic though, books no longer grab me quite like they used to ... no doubt due to my more mature state of mind and the resulting critical analysis, which means I am not so easily enamored. I also find the pace of some writing to be tiring, so I will stop and have a breather, even if only a few minutes (perhaps make a cuppa) ... showing my age again.
This is why I've adopted the strategy of analyzing whether or not a book "works" for me. I don't think I've ever been reading one where I could tell it wasn't working for me but I flogged myself to keep reading it and it ended up being a good read. If a book isn't working for me then I put it down and start the next one. We have a good library system in my county and that's where most of them come from; I usually have at least a dozen sitting on my book table. There are way too many books available so why should I waste my time reading books that I don't enjoy?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote