View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #513
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Most of this is beyond me, but if I may, you can't actually "generate" a K8 file from Amazon's PDS. If you email a file to your own Kindle addy, or use the PDS in any other way, what you get back is not a K8; it's the old mobi (prc) format.
That turns out not to be true. I emailed some combo KF7/KF8 files made by KindleGen, and PDS turned them into standalone KF8s for transfer to the Kindle Paperwhite.

I note that the file size listed on Amazon site indicates that it stored a combo file in the cloud. I haven't tested downloading to an older device without KF8, but presumably it gets stripped to KF7.
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote