View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
pop up preview of footnotes
this is the single most important thing for me - and the book in question is a non fiction book of more than 800 pages, a good third of which is endnotes - the cumbersome support of footnotes/endnotes in EPUB (at least the one KOBO offers - with a previous ereader I had no problems jumpign quickly around the book) makes accessing notes a real pain, if not completely impossible.

Having said that, it is not even clear that the problem lies in the book - this time copying back the backed up database did not restore the previous condition, a sync does not download the books, the reader logged me off and won't let me log back in: I get a network error (while the wifi shows full bars), and the device has been connected for about 15 minutes now to my laptop (for the setup using the Kobo application) and still nothing seems to be happening. Not looking good, but is it possible for a single book to cause such havoc? I should add that I had several koboified epubs working marvelously!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote