View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #100
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Powell's is an oddity even by indie standards though. I've never been in a bookstore even close to its size - you have to grab a map on the way in to find your way around. I've literally gotten completely lost in that building.
Hmmm... Yes.

I'm about 30 minutes away, but I've learned to use their web search engine. That searches through *all* their inventory, including warehouses, and then have the books delivered for pickup at the Beaverton satellite store which is much closer. Yes, you can't check out the covers, but then I'm not a cover collector.

And yes again. If any of you get into Portland, Oregon, check out Powell's World of Books. 3 stories (2 1/2?), one full square city block. And yes, grab a map at the door.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote