View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
First of all, Urban Dictionary is hardly a respected or credible source. The term generally means to seek to obstruct a political appointment or selection; its other major meaning is to attack a political opponent viciously. Its etymology stems from the incidents surrounding the confirmation hearings of Robert Bork to the US Supreme Court in 1987.
The usage of bork to simply mean "broken" seems to be not widely accepted, and appears to be limited to, for some reason, the breaking of a computer. My guess is that it once was and probably should be limited to include intimations of intentional mischief, such as incidents related to viruses and malware. Actually it should not be used in the computer sense at all, in my opinion, as it's an aberant derivation of the word, which for the most part is limited to use in the political sphere, and I have not seen it used elsewhere. But now I know better.
Thanks for the correction.

Last edited by SquiddOhio; 12-14-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Removed several Hobbit references.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote