View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktreads View Post
I'm concerned that my dial up connection will take forever to download books. Or should I consider an ereader with wi-fi and just go to a hotspot whenever I want to download a book?

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
You will need ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) to download books from most libraries and (unless someone knows a work around I haven't found) you need to do that from your computer and then transfer the books to your e-reader. Wifi won't help you there but is helpful for downloading from the ereader online store and with the Kobo Touch some people say you can download free books via the browser (haven't done that myself but I know the store has lots of free books you can take via wifi).

If you are concerned about speed on dial up my suggestion is to try it out for yourself before buying the ereader. Just download ADE, install it, and then borrow a book from your local library. Most books are in the 400k size range but it varies per book.

I have never tried the Nook e-readers but have a Kobo original and Kobo Touch and like them both.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote