View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #25
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloguy View Post
pruss, this works very well indeed! I can now lock the screen brightness in SuperDim and then switch to a reading app. After I am done reading, I can jump back to SuperDim and unlock the screen brightness before putting the device to sleep. If I forget (or intentionally, as I experimented once) to unlock the brightness, the device fails to wake up. But that was expected. I can now get rid of the AdjBrightness.

Thanks so much for doing this. This makes Nook Color perfect for me: thanks to ezPdf for reading PDF's, Nook App and your app for reading epubs.
The not waking up is a problem. If you can install adb on your device ( http://nookdevs.com/ADB_Over_USB_(Nook_Classic) ), you can do this for me.

Hook your Nook to your PC. Make sure you can connect to it with adb (type "adb devices" on your PC to see if it's listed). Type "adb logcat > log.txt" on the PC. Set the lock. Exit SuperDim. Press the powerbutton to turn off. Wait 15 seconds. Press it again to turn on. I assume it won't turn on. Wait 15 seconds. Press CTRL-C on the PC. Email me log.txt (arpruss@gmail.com).
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote