View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
if i understand what you're saying, i believe you are correct.

you're talking about adapters like this, right? :
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-AC-Power-Sup...item414bf7203c
into which you will plug in the usb cable you received with your ereader.
That one only puts out 350 mA. The Sony one puts out 1500 mA. Usually the best you find put out 1000 mA. A generic adapter that puts out 1500 mA might be hard to find.

Maybe 1000 mA is sufficient, maybe not. The Sony PRS-505 could get in a low charge state where a USB charge wouldn't revive it, and you needed to plug in the special (PSP-like) A/C adapter. Maybe the 650 has similar characteristics, and thus the reason Sony's adapter is 1500mA.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote