View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Reread his post: He mentioned "organizers" which is another term for PDA, and he didn't like using them to read eBooks.
Look at the timings of the posts. I wrote my reply at 20:19 (UK time); the original poster edited his post and added the "I don't like reading on organizers" bit at 20:21. It wasn't there when I wrote my reply .

Quote:
What is needed is a true eBook markup language that can be displayed in multiple readers and yet still be secure enough to compel the publishers to publish in it. Until that happens you guys are wasting your time here. No publishing house is going to publish in dozens of different eBook formats and consumers are not going to buy eBooks en masse until any eBook can be viewed using nearly any eBook reader.
Mobipocket is pretty much a de facto standard. Available on many different platforms and sold by many different retailers. Sure, it would be nice to have more eBooks, but there what there is already is enough to keep me going for several lifetimes. Most of what's on the "best sellers" lists is, IMHO, crap - celebrity diets and fictitious autobiographies of "stars" I've never heard of are of zero interest to me. Classics remain classics because they are great literature.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote