View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #170
JudyV
JudyV began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
Smile

I use Adobe Digital Editions software to store all of my purchased books on my computer. It is free software that also stores and manages ebooks checked out from my public library.

This is free software that is very easy to use. When you have that software on your computer most ebook stores will recognize that as a place to download your new purchases to on your system.

Once ebooks (and I guess PDF books also) are stored in this software program, it is a simple matter to drag and drop a book into any of your ereaders, cell phone, laptops or similar hand held devices.
The device must be turned on before connecting it to the computer. Then open Digital Editions. Authorize the device (per instructions). Then drag and drop etc.

There are other software programs also available but this is the only one I use to move books between different devices. It also lets you have the books on multiple devices, even library books. And if I wanted, I could read the book on the computer itself with this program. The program comes with two classifications: all books and borrowed books. And you can also create libraries to store purchased books by various categories.
JudyV is offline   Reply With Quote