View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:34 AM   #6
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I have a Kindle Paperwhite that works well but I wanted something bigger, the new Kindle Oasis has a 7" screen, the Kobo Aura One has a 7.8" screen and it costs less so I bought the Aura One. With the Aura One it's like reading a real book. And then I wanted to have fun with something new.

My advice with the Kobo is to apply patches (it's not difficult), because in this way you can take full advantage of the possibilities to customize your device. For example, set the level of bold even on your personal fonts, adjust line spacing even when it is settled in the epub css, full screen reading (it is not really a patch, just a modification of a configuration file), ligatures on Kepub and so on. I prefer kepubs when there are notes or images, otherwise I prefer normal epubs. The conversion with calibre from azw3 works very well. In addition, the kobos are very well integrated with calilbre, you can manage collections, series and others metadata on the device.

Two only problems:
1. It is not as responsive as the Kindle, but it is still acceptable.
2. often it wants the password when connecting to wi fii (with the kindle when you have set it once you do not have to worry anymore). Sometimes it does not connect immediately but only on the second or third attempt.
Nothing is perfect but I am very satisfied with my Kobo.

Last edited by ps67; 08-08-2018 at 05:43 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote