View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:30 AM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I have only read this one but I have read it twice now. I really liked it the first time through but for me it isn't nearly as satisfying to re-read.

I did enjoy the characters and completely agree on the sense of place but knowing the end really made it less enjoyable.

For those who enjoy this series, the Liam Campbell series is also a good series to look into. The first book is also free at her website.
I did a re-read before I nominated it, but it was from a long time ago. I don't really remember when we started reading this series, but it was a while ago because it was on Books-on-Tape, which has been dead for years. But on the re-read I did notice things I missed the first time through.

I also really appreciated the excellent job Marguerite Gavin did as narrator. Though at least one proper name was not pronounced as I would have.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote