View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #21
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
And I am saying that is indeed a noble thing, but reality dictates development is most properly segmented based on specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound goals.

These is nothing to prevent that (your request) being the case in the future, in fact given that this codebase is more-or-less ported from the original that is more likely to become a realistic reality than many of the "But I would like" requests in many of these threads

It's an open source project and the code to support the lower devices is freely available in the other older project as you rightly pointed out... Nothing to stop you jumping on adding that as an option. However focusing on providing the "actually missing" functionality as opposed to providing good support for the "temporarily elided" functionality HAS to be a more worthy goal right now.

And for the record I AGREE with you. This just makes more sense and no amount of saying "But I want this other thing" will change that.

Don't make me break out the pet unicorn pictures
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote